Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Last Thursday


So last night I was finally catching up on The Office and started with Goodbye Michael. I fell asleep soon after it started, but I got the jist of what was happening there... the same thing that is happening here.

Today is my last Thursday at my current workplace. I have worked here for the last four years and to be quite frank I was ready to resign a long time ago. Funny things happen though, in life, because today I am sort of sad. It's not that I will miss the work, or the workplace drama, or most of the people, or the fact that I can pretty much sit and type a blog post at work without reaping any sort of punishment. No, it's not that. It's the idea of leaving the few people I have grown friendly with. They have helped me through hard times. I have seen them endure theirs. I have seen spiritual turnarounds that have given me much joy. These are people I have cried with, complained to, and laughed with. I never thought I would say it, but I will miss them.

Yesterday I told Big Son that it was his last Wednesday at preschool. Tears welled up in his eyes because he's going to miss his friends. He gets that from me.

Goodbye guys. Farewell Thursdays.

3 comments:

  1. Aww little Big Son! Oh and aww to you too, Brent. I feel as though this is all very depressing in every aspect... but that might just be me.
    Okay, that's not true. I'm happy for you guys, it'll be a great adventure and I'll come visit you soon (we all know this post was about me, right? Just kidding :) )But seriously, I'm going to visit ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the rest of the family was staying in Vegas for a few weeks, or is it that it is the end of the year for preschool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preschool graduation is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete