Saturday, July 9, 2011

big and little make me proud: tribute to my father in law

Tonight me and the family ventured out to try some of the local cuisine (non-chain restaurant stuff). We found a place called Macky's which specializes in dim sum dishes. Big ordered a plate of soy sauce chow mein. Little got the fried rice bowl. Wife got mongolian chicken and I got the special seafood curry in pumpkin base.

We all loved our food! It was really yummy. The boys food came out first and then the wife's and they started eating. Then mine came out and the wife gasped and asked what kind of seafood was in mine. The waiter/probable-owner stated, in broken english, that there was fish, prawns, muscles, and calamari.

"WHAT IS CALAMARI?!" Big piped out.

"Um, just something weird," responded The Wife.

"It's squid son," I openly exclaimed.

"Ohhhhhh! I want squid!" Big gleefully answered.

"I want squid toooooooo!" Little mimicked.

So I shared my calamari with my 4 and 2 year old sons (while The Wife gagged). Awesome!!


2 comments:

  1. I tried calamari for the first time on my birthday and it was the naste. The texture was just too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and the boys, we have pics of CC, Timmy,and Luke all trying here at our favorite Asain Buffet (pronounced A-suon Buff-et by Luke)

    ReplyDelete