Sunday, August 7, 2011

pine lake park

Everyone else was posting about beach days, so I decided to join the club. I don't say this about outdoor activities very often, but yesterday we truly had some heavenly fun at Pine Lake Park. The Wife and the Sons had gone there twice before and were very excited to show me how awesome it was.

PLP is about 3 miles away from our place. It sits nestled amid large evergreen trees. Within the sanctuary of pines lies multiple play areas and a decent sized lake. The lake is surrounded by houses (which have private access to the lake) and PLP. There is also a swimming area with lifeguards and various depths for swimmers with varying degrees of swimming abilities.

We started at the play areas and then retired to a nice quiet corner of the beach. I could spend every second of my life sitting out there on the rocks. That is saying A LOT for a dude who traditionally loathes being outside an artificially tempered building.

Not only was the sun out, but the moon made an appearance too.

It was a gorgeous 66º day. We decided we're going to live on a lake like this one day.

The beach isn't a sandy beach, but a pebble beach. The Sons "cooked" The Wife and I "food".

There were fish. I told the Sons if they caught a fish we'd go to Ben and Jerry's.

They tried a little bit to catch one between preparing "meal courses".

Here's my b'ug' mug telling The Wife a story.

Even though it was 66º, the water was superb! Both boys got all the way in.

2 comments:

  1. Quite often you remind me of how immature I am because I find your immature jokes funny :) this looks like fun, I want to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or perhaps I am just hilarious (which I am).

    ReplyDelete