Sunday, January 23, 2011

big son's birthday party and a sweet pic of little son

So ever since Big Son's very first birthday, The Wife has been piecing together some pretty sweet shindigs! Big Son has had a summer themed party, a monkey party, and a Batman party while Little Son has had a Halloween and astronaut party. They are always amazing and The Wife always puts like 40 hours into getting everything just right. It's pretty nuts, but the kids LOVE them! (I think it's pretty swell as well).

This year Big Son had a Charlie Brown themed party. I hear you. (For those who missed it: everyone just made surprised faces and asked How the heck does a four year old know who Charlie Brown is when I've barely heard of him myself?!) Yeah, it's okay, I've answered the question quite a few times the last couple of days; I'll answer it again... You see, during Christmas I needed the boys to settle down before one of our many Christmas get-togethers, So I decided to turn to the Hulu for a quick help aide. Lucky for me the Hulu was featuring A Charlie Brown Christmas, so I turned that on. Big and Little Sons loved it! They actually asked to watch it a couple times after that. 

(Paragraph break.) So later on--like after Christmas--The Wife was talking to Big Son about what kind of birthday he wanted to have. He was pretty adamant on having a pineapple themed birthday (I have NO clue). Funnily enough, a couple days later The Wife offered him some Hawaiian style pizza and he told us that he doesn't even like pineapples! So that idea was out. So he change-ed his mind to a maps party and then a Disneyland party (with churros). That idea stuck for a little bit...

Finally, though, Big Son found a book rendition of A Charlie Brown Christmas that The Wife had purchased during one of her post Christmas sale event harvests. He fell in love with the book and read it over and over again. He learned all the characters' names and what not, so in the end he had a Charlie Brown birthday. Voila.

Okay. Okay. Now to the reason you are even here.

The pictures:

Sweet handmade invitations that The Wife pieced together.

An awesome pic of Little Son.

The presentation.

Little Son, Me, Charlie Bigson w/ awesome shirt.

Big Son opening gifts.

Little Son playing with Big Son's gifts.

Big Son blowing out the candle. *Poof*

2 comments:

  1. The Wife always pulls off the BEST parties! She's so great! Maybe she could come this weekend and do Jackson's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grrr! I've missed out on everything! I should have noticed the new blog sooner!

    ReplyDelete