Saturday, February 5, 2011

all before lunch

So that last 24 hours kind of remind me of this written-in-the-point-of-view-of-a-drug-addict poem I wrote some years back. You see, I have this major project that I hope to get finished by the end of the weekend. Because of the urgency of the task I was up until just about 3am last night working on it. I went to bed with the vain thought of getting six hours of sleep and not waking up until 9am. I tried my best, but when The Wife was up at 7:45am doing Saturday chores I couldn't not wake up and do some of my own.


First off was hanging our humongous clock. This proved a lot more difficult than I imagined. I don't know if it was due to my shakiness and lack of sleep or just pure wussiness, but I could NOT hold that clock up long enough to get in on the hooks. I tried and tried and finally I was so tired I fell on the ground in a dizzy haze wishing I would just puke so I could return to the battle. Then I looked over my shoulder and The Wife had climbed up the ladder and was putting that junk up there without any problems. I have concluded that I'm just a wuss.

Then I went to check on the boys and they had made this out of Legos...


Then it was time to finish fixing my driver's side window on my car (the piece arrived from the Amazon yesterday). Took about 30 minutes to get all the pieces in there and put back together. It was time for the moment of truth! I went and grabbed my keys, started the engine, and I rolled down the window. It worked! Nope. When I went to roll the window back up it just got stuck! I assumed that I had tightened things too tightly so I took everything apart again and loosened some of the bolts. That worked great. But I had to take things apart and back together probably about 4 times before I finished. Things work as they did previously now and I only lost a little lightbulb in the process (on the 2nd to last time putting everything back together I forgot to plug the light into it's little compartment--I did it every other time!--I slammed the door and pop went the bulb).



Now it's time for lunch!

Anger

Brightly shines the holy sea lamp
Lighting slightly the way ahead
I can’t fall with one knee broken
Head is turning on a dime

Marshmallow heaven, fiery furnace
Red coals burn the tip of my tongue
Flying slowly to the center of this World
No one can catch this Gingerbread Man

Who said anything about killing the snail?
Forward time goes, never once stopping
Taking a break for changing his clothes
False teeth work just the same my friend

Romeo and Juliet were false identities
The Headless Horseman’s manless horse
Lava lamp crashing, lave house burning
Onward & onward to grandma’s we go…

Where does this end?
Does anyone know?


No comments:

Post a Comment