Wednesday, February 16, 2011

how could she be saying that?!

So I was listening to some old schoo' No Doubt today and it reminded me of a story. Soon after I turned sixteen I asked my crush out on a date. I can't remember who I doubled with, but while me and my date and the other couple were sitting in the car (mid-date) my date started talking about me by name as if I were not myself. So let's pretend my name is "Tom Cruise", the conversation went kinda like this:

My Date: So the other day in chemistry "Tom Cruise" did the weirdest thing...

Me: Huh?!

My Date: Oh wait! You're "Tom Cruise"!! I feel so stupid!!

Me: Wow. Get out of my car you hobo.

I made up that last part and kind of made up the first part because I can't remember exactly how the dialog went, but she mentioned me in a story without realizing I was me. I was kind of let down! This was my crush I was taking out for the first time! Needless to say, I wasn't too interested in this girl after that date. Jerk.

On a more positive note, I am on a roll. I've played volleyball twice the last two Saturdays and a long couple of games of basketball tonight--I almost died a couple of times. I am SO out of shape. I thought I'd fair better since I have hanged pretty well with the volleyball... I forgot that you have to run in basketball. Dang. I scored a bunch though so that is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to know who your crush was... that is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure I remember that date, you were pretty shocked she could do that, I am pretty sure Jake had a crush on her too!

    ReplyDelete