Monday, February 7, 2011

i did it!

So I was on an adventure this weekend! I wanted to launch an internet start-up (you know, just for kicks?). I started Friday night at about 10pm (The Wife and I watched a movie for date night so I got a late start) and, well, I finished about 10 minutes shy of 12:01am Monday morning (today, right now)! Let me tell you, I am very impressed with myself. All in all I believe I spent about 16 hours on it and I think it works great. 

Whether or not it'll be a hit with the interwebs isn't really my concern. I am just pleased to have been able to do it within such a small time frame. (I really stole this whole weekend idea from the Startup Weekend Philadelphia event that happened recently. I wasn't able to go, so I had my very own.) I think it will also be nice on my resume.

So without any further ado (and hindrance on my trip to my warm bed) I give you Proove.it:


So what is it? Well it's a extremely simple way to prove to all your friends on all your social networks that you did something, have something, etc. For example, proove.it would come in mighty handy in the following conversation:

Boy Toy: Guess what I just did!
Gal Pal: Huh?
Boy Toy: I just barely had your face tattooed on the bottom of my left foot!
Gal Pal: Nuh-uh.
Boy Toy: Don't believe me?
Gal Pal: Nope.
Boy Toy: I'll proove.it.

Then the Boy Toy in this tale would hop on http://proove.it and post a couple of shots of the bottom of his left foot (and perhaps one of his cat being thrown into his swimming pool) and the conflict would be resolved! Simple, right? I know.

I have put a little "demo" together to show you what this junk it all about:


Like I said, it really isn't important whether or not this becomes a hit, I'm just glad that my Office Assistant came up with the idea and I implemented it all this weekend.

Cheers!

2 comments: